Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sweet Shot Tuesday - Basketball

It's basketball season, and that means stinky socks, sweaty shirts, fast action, and yucky gym lights. How is a parent supposed to get a good shot of her son in these conditions? Thanks to my friends high ISO, fast shutter speed, and continuous shot mode, I grabbed this one of my 1st grader.


Here are the details for the curious:

  • Nikon D7000
  • Nikon 18-200mm 3.5/5.6 VR lens at 36mm
  • f/4.2
  • 1/500
  • 6400 ISO
  • Raw file processed in Adobe Camera Raw
  • Converted to black and white in Photoshop with a few tweaks

If this is the only good shot I have of the season, then I am happy. I have one more game coming up, and I will be trying out my 50mm 1.4 lens since it is much faster.

Last week's test with the 50mm failed as far as focused photos goes. However, I did find out my camera was back focusing, an issue that I had been suspecting for a while. I have now fine tuned the auto focus, and I am expecting great things next game. Who knows, maybe they will actually win a game??? Probably not...but the boys still have fun!

Check out some other sweet shots on Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley. Yes, right now. My post is finished. :)

Tyann Marcink
documenting life
www.marcinkdesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment