Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sweet Shot Tuesday - The Road Home




Posting this image for the Sweet Shot Tuesdays hosted by Kent Weakley. The day was quite bright with gorgeous clouds floating across the sky, and I had been eyeing this tree nearly every day. Literally. I drive this road each time I leave my house.

So on this day, I stopped the Tahoe in the middle of the road and hopped out for a few snaps. Because of the extreme range of light, the shot straight out of the camera was quite unappealing. So I processed the photo in Photomatix, tonemapping the image to bring the photo to life. I then finished the processing in Photoshop.

Would you like to see the original? Here it is, next to the processed image:




Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I too am a fan of the "lone tree," and have one that I've driven by so many times . . . on the freeway. I've never been able to stop. So I might paint it one day.

    ReplyDelete